Coffee is a staple for many people, and it’s no different when you’re on the road in a campervan. However, brewing coffee in a campervan can be a bit more challenging than at home. That’s where the best coffee makers for campervans come in.
These coffee makers are designed to be compact, easy to use, and durable enough to withstand the bumps and jostles of life on the road.
Therefore, today I bring you this post with a super review of the best coffee makers for camper vans and motorhomes.
The post has several sections. The first one is the selection of coffee makers for your van. Then, we go more in-depth about the type of coffee maker and the options on the market.
And finally, some factors to consider before buying a coffee maker for your van or motorhome.
There are many camper coffee maker options beyond the typical Italian coffee maker. Let’s start!
Disclosure: Some of the links on this post are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
The Best Italian Coffee Maker
The traditional Italian coffee maker is ideal for espresso coffee lovers.
What We Like Best
- Easy to use
What Is A French Press Coffee Maker?
The French press coffee maker is one of the most comfortable and easy to use to make coffee in your camper van or camping.
Its operation is simple: put the coffee you like in the coffee maker, put the plunger, and pour the hot water. After four minutes, carefully lower the plunger with the wire mesh filter, and it is ready to serve.
What Do We Like About The French Press Coffee Makers?
It is very easy to use, the coffee brews quite fast, it is easy to clean, it is small, and it can be stored in any space in the kitchen of your motorhome or van.
What Do We Like The Least?
They are usually made of glass; sometimes the filter allows the coffee powder to pass through. If you like your coffee piping hot, this method is not for you.
Extra tip: select a coffee with a slightly coarser grind so it does not pass through the mesh filter.
- Brews 8 coffee cups which is equal to 1000 ml; includes plastic measuring spoon
- Durable heat resistant borosilicate glass carafe beaker sits in stylish insulated plastic frame which makes pouring coffee easier and prevent wobbling
- Easier to use than a drip coffeemaker; brews within minutes and no soggy filters to deal with
The Best 12 V Coffee Maker For Traveling
12 V filter coffee maker ready to connect in vehicles such as camper vans, motorhomes, and trucks.
- Glass jar with a device to hold it during transport.
- Hot plate with thermostat.
- Fixing kit for wall or table mounting
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
- Quick brew cycle so you have a full pot of coffee in about 20 minutes
- Dishwasher safe glass carafe for easy cleaning and 20-ounce capacity for a full shift
Best Coffee Makers For Campervan
If you’re a coffee lover who enjoys camping or road trips, then you know how important it is to have a good coffee maker to keep up with your adventures.
We’ve compiled a list of the best coffee makers for campervan, so you can enjoy a hot and delicious cup of coffee no matter where you are.
These coffee makers are compact, easy to use, and perfect for those who are always on the go. So, let’s take a look at our top picks!
Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker is worth considering if you’re looking for a compact and efficient coffee maker for your campervan.
- Fits anywhere with its less than 5 inches wide design.
- Brews any cup size between 6-12oz with Keurig K-Cup pods.
- Energy efficient with its auto-off feature that turns off the coffee maker 90 seconds after the last brew.
- It only works with Keurig K-Cup pods, limiting your coffee options.
- The water reservoir can only hold enough water for one cup at a time.
- The machine can be noisy when brewing.
- FITS ANYWHERE: Less than 5 inches wide, perfect for small spaces.Filter type:Reusable.Temperature Control : No. Froths Milk : No..Display Screen : No, Digital Clock : No.
- YOUR PERFECT AMOUNT: Brew any cup size between 6-12oz with Keurig K-Cup pods.
- ONE CUP RESERVOIR: Just add fresh water for each brew.
We recently used the Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker on a camping trip and were impressed with its compact size and fast brewing time. It was easy to set up and use, and the coffee tasted great.
One downside is that it only works with Keurig K-Cup pods, which can be limiting if you prefer other types of coffee. The water reservoir is also small, so you’ll need to refill it frequently if you want more than one cup.
However, the auto-off feature is a plus for saving energy, and it’s easy to clean. Overall, if you’re looking for a simple and efficient coffee maker for your campervan, the Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker is a great option.
If you’re looking for a portable coffee maker that you can take anywhere, the Frossvt Portable Electronic Coffee Maker is worth considering.
- It’s rechargeable and portable, making it perfect for travel, camping, hiking, fishing, picnics, and more.
- It’s a 2-in-1 electronic coffee maker that’s compatible with capsules and coffee powder.
- It’s easy to operate and makes great espresso and other coffee beverages.
- You need to add boiling water to the machine as it can’t heat up water.
- Some users have reported that it doesn’t work properly and may need to be replaced.
- It may not be suitable for those who prefer hot coffee.
- 【Rechargeable & Portable】 Frossvt coffee maker uses a Type-C charging cable, which is rechargeable, and it has a 1200mAh capacity battery, so you can take it anywhere. The net weight of the machine is only 0.88lb. Great for travel, camping, hiking, fishing, picnics, etc.
- 【2 IN 1 Electronic Coffee Maker】 Portable espresso maker compatible with capsules and coffee powder. Coffee basket can hold 10g coffee powder or 5-6g capsules, water tank can hold 5.75 oz boiling water. (NOTE: Need to add the boiling water. It can not heat up water.)
- 【Easy to operate】 Easy to get 30-50ml espresso, add water to make Americano, add milk to make latte. Press the power button, the blue indicator light shows the power, then press the power key again, the machine starts to extract drinks.
We recently had the chance to try out the Frossvt Portable Electronic Coffee Maker, and we were impressed with its compact size and portability.
The machine uses a Type-C charging cable, which is rechargeable and has a 1200mAh capacity battery, so you can take it anywhere. The net weight of the machine is only 0.88lb, which makes it easy to pack in your bag and take with you on the go.
One of the best things about the Frossvt Portable Electronic Coffee Maker is that it’s a 2-in-1 electronic coffee maker that’s compatible with capsules and coffee powder. The coffee basket can hold 10g coffee powder or 5-6g capsules, and the water tank can hold 5.75 oz boiling water.
It’s easy to get 30-50ml espresso, add water to make Americano, or add milk to make latte. Press the power button, and the blue indicator light shows the power. Then press the power key again, and the machine starts to extract drinks.
The Frossvt Portable Electronic Coffee Maker uses the original section pressing principle to keep the pressure of the powder chamber stable to get rich oil and fruit flavor.
We found that it was easy to make great espresso and other coffee beverages anytime, anywhere. The machine is also backed by Frossvt’s 24 months warranty service, which provides help to solve any product questions.
Overall, we think that the Frossvt Portable Electronic Coffee Maker is a great choice for anyone who wants a portable coffee maker that’s easy to use and makes great coffee.
However, it may not be suitable for those who prefer hot coffee or who have had issues with the machine not working properly.
If you’re looking for a compact and affordable coffee maker for your campervan, the BLACK+DECKER Single Serve Coffeemaker might be a great option.
- It’s compact and easy to store in small spaces.
- It brews directly into a 16-oz. travel mug that fits most car cup holders.
- The permanent grounds filter is compatible with coffee grounds and pre-packaged soft pods.
- The coffee comes out only warm, so you may need to heat it in a microwave or use a very warm cup.
- The small particles from the built-in filter might not be good for heart health, so it’s recommended to use an additional filter.
- The travel mug might not keep the coffee hot for a long time.
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted.Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
- Fabric Type: Plastic, Stainless Steel
We’ve been using the BLACK+DECKER Single Serve Coffeemaker for a few weeks now, and it’s been a great addition to our campervan. It’s compact and easy to store in our small kitchen space, and it brews directly into the included 16-oz. travel mug that fits perfectly in our cup holder.
The one-touch operation is easy to use, and the permanent grounds filter is a great feature that saves us money on buying disposable filters. We’ve also tried using pre-packaged soft pods, and they work great too.
However, we’ve noticed that the coffee comes out only warm, so we need to heat it in a microwave or use a very warm cup. We’ve also read that the small particles from the built-in filter might not be good for heart health, so we’ve started using an additional filter.
Overall, the BLACK+DECKER Single-Serve Coffeemaker is a great option for anyone looking for a compact and affordable coffee maker for their campervan. It’s not perfect, but it gets the job done and saves us money on buying coffee on the go.
We highly recommend the Encoola Portable French Press Travel Coffee Maker for coffee lovers on the go.
- The filtration technology ensures a clean and clear brew without sediment.
- The double-layered stainless steel interior keeps your coffee hot or cold for over 8 hours.
- The locking switch on the top prevents spills and makes it easy to take with you anywhere.
- The capacity is only 320ml, so it may not be enough for those who need a larger coffee fix.
- The cleaning brush can be difficult to use and may not clean the French press thoroughly.
- The price is slightly higher than other portable French presses on the market.
- Travel French Press：This is an innovative and portable insulated French press designed to brew and keep your coffee hot or cold wherever you go. It's all you need - no more bulky traditional French press. Easy to use and takes only 3 minutes to brew, Max 320ml so you can enjoy your favorite coffee on the go.
- Filtration Technology：Equipped with four ultra-fine filtering layers, our French press completely separates the coffee grounds from the water, ensuring a clean and clear brew without sediment. Plus, it's designed to prevent over-extraction, so even after several hours your coffee will still taste great.
- Insulation Technology：The double-layered 304 stainless steel interior can keep your coffee hot or cold for over 8 hours, and also has a burn-proof feature to protect your hands. It's also BPA-free, so you can enjoy your coffee with peace of mind.
We were impressed with the Encoola Portable French Press Travel Coffee Maker’s compact size and innovative design.
The filtration technology ensures a clean and clear brew without sediment, and the double-layered stainless steel interior keeps your coffee hot or cold for over 8 hours. The locking switch on the top prevents spills and makes it easy to take with you anywhere.
However, the capacity is only 320ml, so it may not be enough for those who need a larger coffee fix.
The cleaning brush can be difficult and may not thoroughly clean the French press. Additionally, the price is slightly higher than other portable French presses on the market.
Overall, if you’re looking for a portable French press that’s easy to use and keeps your coffee hot or cold for hours, the Encoola Portable French Press Travel Coffee Maker is a great choice.
If you’re looking for a compact and efficient coffee maker for your campervan, the Elite Gourmet Personal Single Serve Coffee Maker is definitely worth considering.
- The included 14-Oz. stainless steel insulated travel mug is perfect for on-the-go coffee lovers.
- The quick instant brew time allows you to enjoy fresh coffee in under 60 seconds.
- The easy one-touch operation makes brewing coffee a breeze.
- The coffee maker is not compatible with K-Cups.
- The 14-Oz. travel mug might be too small for some coffee drinkers.
- The coffee maker is not programmable.
- UNIVERSAL DESIGN AND WASTE REDUCING: No need for paper or plastic cups, we’ve included a 14-Oz. stainless steel #304 interior insulated travel mug that fits perfectly under coffee dispensers and most cup holders so fresh coffee is always ready for you. Just Click, Brew and Go.
- QUICK INSTANT BREW TIME: With the Elite Gourmet personal single-serve coffee maker, you can brew fresh coffee at home in under 60 seconds. It’s great for “On the go mornings or a quick pick me up to save valuable time for your busy life.
- EASY ONE-TOUCH OPERATION: Enjoy hot and freshly brewed coffee fast with this stylish, compact 600-Watt coffee maker. The one-touch operation allows you to quickly and easily brew up to 14 oz. of tasty coffee at the perfect temperature without the long wait at your local coffee house.
We’ve been using the Elite Gourmet Personal Single Serve Coffee Maker for a few months now and we’re impressed with its performance. The compact design makes it easy to store in our campervan and the included travel mug is perfect for enjoying coffee on the go.
The one-touch operation is very intuitive and we appreciate how quickly the coffee maker brews a cup of coffee. The reusable filter is a nice touch, as it helps reduce waste and allows us to use our favorite coffee grounds.
Cleanup is a breeze, as all removable parts and accessories are dishwasher safe. We also appreciate the safety features, such as the auto-shut off and thermal reset switch.
Overall, we highly recommend the Elite Gourmet Personal Single Serve Coffee Maker to anyone looking for a compact and efficient coffee maker for their campervan. It’s affordable, easy to use, and produces great tasting coffee.
The AdirChef Mini Travel Single Serve Coffee Maker is a great option if you’re looking for a compact and portable coffee maker. We’ve used it on camping trips and in hotel rooms, and it’s always delivered a great cup of coffee.
- The permanent filter is environmentally friendly and saves money on paper filters.
- The travel mug is well insulated and fits in most cup holders, making it great for commuting.
- It’s made of durable plastic and is built to last.
- It’s a little noisy when brewing, so it may not be the best option for early mornings in shared spaces.
- The permanent filter can make the coffee a bit muddy, but there is an option for paper filters.
- The 15 oz. capacity may not be enough for those who like larger cups of coffee.
- ECO-FRIENDLY. Equipped with a permanent filter, this environmentally-friendly coffee maker allows you to cut out waste and save money. Eliminating the use of paper filters, you no longer need to spend money buying them or filling up your garbage can when you need to dispose of them.
- UNIVERSAL DESIGN. Sized just right, the travel mug will fit into most cup holders and drink vessels. This is ideal for those who enjoy taking a hot cup of coffee with them on their way to work, run errands or drop the kids off at school. The mug is well insulated to keep your coffee warm for an extended period of time, perfect for those who have a long commute in the morning.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION. Made using high-quality, durable plastic, you can enjoy a personal cup of coffee from this coffee maker every morning for years to come. It brews directly into the 15-ounce stainless steel travel mug and once the cup is full, the maker automatically shuts off to save power.
The AdirChef Mini Travel Single Serve Coffee Maker is a great option for those who want a compact and portable coffee maker. It’s environmentally friendly, thanks to the permanent filter, and is built to last.
The travel mug is well insulated and fits in most cup holders, making it great for commuting. However, it can be a bit noisy when brewing, and the permanent filter can make the coffee a bit muddy.
Overall, we recommend this product for anyone looking for a convenient and portable coffee maker.
We highly recommend the Outin Nano Portable Electric Espresso Machine for anyone looking for a convenient and reliable coffee maker for their campervan.
- The upgraded battery and fast heat feature allows you to brew up to 5 cups when fully charged, and heats up cold water in just 3-4 minutes.
- The double 2-in-1 feature allows you to use ground coffee or coffee capsules, and supports both cold and hot water brew.
- The portable and compact design, as well as the IPX6 waterproof feature, makes it perfect for outdoor activities.
- Some users have reported inconsistency in the product’s performance.
- The instructions could be improved for better understanding of the product.
- The product is a bit on the expensive side.
- Upgraded Portable Espresso Machine: Espresso made EASY! The most advanced mini espresso machine on the market. A higher efficiency battery allows you to brew 1 cup more than other similar products. It heats the water and extracts espresso automatically with just one press. Upgraded heightened coffee cup to 2.9'' compared to 1.57"(other brands), free your hands from holding the portable espresso maker while extracting espresso shot.
- Upgraded Battery & Fast Heat: The efficiency of the upgraded battery can brew one more cup than similar products. Built-in 7500mAh rechargeable batteries, brew 3-5 cups when fully charged while other brands can only brew 2-4 cups. Cold water takes only 3-4 minutes to heat up, which is 6 minutes quicker than some brands. Heating up to 94°C/201°F through 20 BARS of pressure, bringing espresso with decent flavor and rich crema.
- Double 2-in-1 Feature: This travel coffee maker works with ground coffee and coffee capsules (Illy, Lavazza, Kimbo, Cafe Royal, L'OR, Jacobs, and Nespresso). It supports both cold water brew and hot water brew. Brew 4-5 cups with 50ml cold water and 2-3 cups with 80ml cold water when fully charged at 25°C / 77°F. Brew one more cup than other similar products. It can also brew 200+ cups with hot water.
We were impressed with the Outin Nano Portable Electric Espresso Machine’s advanced features and performance.
The upgraded battery and fast heat feature allowed us to brew more cups and heat up water quickly, while the double 2-in-1 feature gave us the flexibility to use ground coffee or coffee capsules.
The machine’s compact and waterproof design made it easy to carry around during our outdoor activities.
However, we did notice some inconsistency in the product’s performance, and the instructions could be improved for better understanding. Additionally, the product is a bit on the expensive side, but we believe it’s worth the investment for its convenience and reliability.
If you’re looking for a portable coffee maker for your campervan, the ONEISALL Camping Coffee Maker Portable Pour Over Coffee Maker Set is a great option.
- Creative Coffee One The Go Solution – Stainless Steel Coffee Mug + Paperless Filter Set – giving you an on the go pour-over solution. No paper filter needed, you could make a quick cup of coffee any time any place. Suit for camping, traveling, backpacking, home & office.
- Keep Coffee Piping Hot – Double wall vacuum insulation technology keeps coffee hot for up to 4 hours and cold for up to 3 hours, enough for you to finish drinking it—cool-to-touch exterior, sweatproof, no condensation.
- Compact & Amazing Performance Filter – Double layer micro mesh design allows you to achieve a precise taste of coffee with no clogging. Foldable filter design fits into the cup – fold out the arm to make a nice pour-over or fold up to store it into the mug.
- The filter piece is too big for the tiny cup.
- It takes a bit to make a cup.
- Inside of the stainless steel thermos cup started to rust.
- Creative Coffee One The Go Solution - Stainless Steel Coffee Mug + Paperless Filter Set - giving you an on the go pour-over solution. No paper filter needed, you could make a quick cup of coffee any time any place. Suit for camping, traveling, backpacking, home & office.
- Keep Coffee Piping Hot - Double wall vacuum insulation technology, keeps coffee hot for up to 4 hours and cold for up to 3 hours, enough for you to finish drinking it. Cool to touch exterior, sweatproof, no condensation.
- Compact & Amazing Performance Filter - Double layer micro mesh design allows you to achieve a precise taste of coffee with no clogging. Foldable filter design fits into the cup - fold out the arm to make a nice pour-over or fold up to store it into the mug.
We recently used this coffee maker on a camping trip and were impressed with its performance. The double wall vacuum insulation technology kept our coffee hot for hours, and the compact design made it easy to pack and take with us on the go.
The paperless filter set was a great feature, and we were able to make a quick cup of coffee without the need for paper filters. The double-layer micro mesh design allowed us to achieve a precise taste of coffee without clogging.
The foldable filter design fits into the cup, and we could fold out the arm to make a nice pour-over or store it into the mug.
However, we did find that the filter piece is too big for the tiny cup, and it takes a bit to make a cup. Also, inside of the stainless steel thermos cup started to rust after a few uses, which was a bit disappointing.
Overall, we would recommend this coffee maker for its portability and performance, but be aware of the cons before purchasing.
We recommend the Egoou Collapsible Coffee Dripper for campervan enthusiasts who want a portable and eco-friendly coffee maker.
- The collapsible design makes it easy to store in small spaces.
- The silicone material is durable and easy to clean.
- It’s a 2-in-1 product that can be used with paper filters or the reusable metal filter to save trees.
- It takes 5-10 minutes to brew a cup of coffee with the metal filter.
- The metal filter can get clogged up and slow down the drainage.
- It only makes one mug of coffee at a time.
- 【TOP QUALITY】Our collapsible coffee filter is made of highest quality silicone: BPA FREE, non-toxic, odourless and non-hazardous,easy to clean,Washing Machine safe
- 【2 IN 1 USUAGE】With Our Pour Over Coffee Dripper, we offer you 2 choices. Simply use it with #2 paper filter(not included) to get a cup of Quick coffee. Or, use it with our existing reusable metal filter to get a cup of strong coffee, it would take 5-10 minutes. We recommend to use with our existing metal filter to save tons of trees. A good cup of coffee deserves a little bit time.Easy to Use.
- 【ECONOMIC&ENVIRONMENTAL FRIENDLY】Modern silicone design will last longer than more expensive glass/porcelain coffee drippers Unlike cheaper plastic coffee drippers, silicone does not absorb odors or pass on chemical taste into your brew.
We were impressed with the Egoou Collapsible Coffee Dripper’s unique design and functionality. The silicone material is high-quality and BPA-free, making it safe for use.
We appreciate that it’s a 2-in-1 product that can be used with paper filters or the reusable metal filter to save trees. The collapsible design is perfect for campervan enthusiasts who need to save space.
However, we found that it takes longer to brew a cup of coffee with the metal filter than with paper filters.
The metal filter can also get clogged up and slow down the drainage, which can be frustrating when you’re in a hurry. Additionally, it only makes one mug of coffee at a time, so it may not be suitable for larger groups.
Overall, if you’re looking for a portable and eco-friendly coffee maker for your campervan, the Egoou Collapsible Coffee Dripper is a great choice.
If you’re looking for a compact and portable coffee maker for your campervan, the Keurig K-Mini Plus is a great option.
- The K-Mini Plus is incredibly compact and lightweight, making it easy to take on the go.
- It’s effortless to use – simply add water to the removable reservoir, insert your favorite K-Cup pod, and press the brew button.
- The K-Mini Plus has a pod storage unit that can hold up to 9 K-Cup pods, making it perfect for longer trips.
- The K-Mini Plus only brews single serve coffee, so it’s not ideal for groups or families.
- Some users have reported that the K-Mini Plus takes longer to brew than other Keurig models.
- The K-Mini Plus is incompatible with reusable coffee filters, so you’ll need to use K-Cup pods.
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: Keurig K-Mini Plus single serve coffee maker, pod storage unit that fits in your brewer and can hold up to 9 K-Cup pods.Filter type:Reusable
- FITS ANYWHERE: Less than 5 inches wide, perfect for small spaces.
- STRONG BREW: Brew a stronger, more intense cup.
We recently took the Keurig K-Mini Plus on a camping trip and were impressed with its performance. The coffee maker is incredibly easy to use and brews a delicious cup of coffee in just a few minutes.
We also appreciated the pod storage unit, which kept our K-Cup pods organized and easily accessible.
One thing to note is that the K-Mini Plus only brews single serve coffee, so it’s not ideal for larger groups or families. Some users have reported that the K-Mini Plus takes longer to brew than other Keurig models, so be prepared to wait a bit longer for your coffee.
Overall, we would highly recommend the Keurig K-Mini Plus for anyone looking for a compact and portable coffee maker for their campervan. It’s easy to use, brews great coffee, and is perfect for solo travelers or couples.
Coffee Makers For Vans And Motorhomes
There are hundreds of places to have a coffee while traveling. You can go to a gas station, a roadside bar, or the campsite cafeteria, but something different than preparing it in your camper van or motorhome.
A coffee maker for your camper or motorhome is a small investment that you will appreciate when you wake up in the morning, and you can prepare a cup of coffee or when you arrive cold after an excursion.
Above I have left you the coffee makers that there with different systems and what are the pros and cons of each one of them. I am sure that it will be very useful for you to choose the coffee maker that will accompany you on your next trips.
- Related: Best Portable Fridges For Travel
Types Of Coffee Makers For Motorhomes And Vans
Filter Coffee Makers
This is the classic coffee maker of a lifetime. Put ground coffee in the filter, and hot water passes through it. The filtered coffee falls into a unique decanter, usually on a metal base that keeps the coffee hot. This is the classic coffee maker of a lifetime.
What are the advantages of this coffee maker? You can make quite a few cups of coffee at once, and they are among the cheapest. There are programmable ones to have coffee ready in the morning.
One of the disadvantages of the van or motorhome is that they are usually bulky, and the carafe is made of glass, so be careful if you choose this coffee maker for your van.
Capsule Coffee Maker
Capsule coffee makers are very fashionable and compact, and you do not waste any coffee when preparing a cup of coffee per capsule.
To prepare your coffee, insert your favorite coffee capsule in the corresponding space, remember to fill the receptacle with water and press the button.
Nowadays, there are excellent varieties of capsule coffee makers and a great variety of capsules on the market.
If you choose this option, I recommend buying capsules that are biodegradable or reusable capsules. To try to generate as little waste as possible. And if you are going to buy Nespresso, please recycle them!
Check out Nespresso’s reusable capsules on Amazon.
Italian Coffee Makers (Moka)
The Italian coffee maker is one of the most widely used in Spain and Italy. The coffee maker consists of three parts, the lower part where the water is placed, the coffee container, and the upper part where the coffee rises once it is brewed.
The operation is very simple. Once you have put the ground coffee and water, close it well and put it on the fire. Once the water begins to boil, the coffee starts to rise to the top of the brewer.
The biggest problem with this coffee maker is that to make coffee, the water has to boil, which can ruin the quality of your coffee.
The advantages are that they are small, can be stored in a drawer, come in different sizes, and are among the cheapest in Europe. You have the option of buying an electric.
Pour Over Coffee Makers
This system, which seems rudimentary, is one of the most used by coffee lovers.
To make coffee, you must have ground coffee beans or buy the ground coffee you like the most. Place a filter over a cup and patiently pour the hot water over it circularly.
It is said that great coffees are prepared this way. It is a bit slow for me, but it can be ideal if you are camping.
French Press Coffee Makers Or Aeropress
The operation of the two coffee makers is similar. No electricity is required. You only need hot water, a minimum of 80ºC.
With the French press coffee maker, you can prepare tea or coffee. You have to put the coffee in the jug, then the plunger/filter, let it sit for a few minutes, and lower the plunger gradually. Once you have lowered it all the way down, you can pour the coffee into a cup.
The advantage is that they are effortless to use and quite cheap, and nowadays, you can find them in glass, stainless steel, and plastic. The latter options are the most recommended for a van, motorhome, or camper.
The main disadvantage is that the coffee needs to come out hot enough. And if you use AeroPress, only one coffee can be made at a time, which is quite time-consuming to make coffees for several people.
How The Aeropress Coffee Maker Works
- Step 1: Push the plunger inward.
- Step 2: Place the filter.
- Step 3: Screw the filter into the chamber.
- Step 4: Pour a spoonful of fine coffee beans into the chamber.
- Step 5: Move it until the coffee is leveled.
- Step 6: Add the hot water (80ºC or 175ºF) or cold water if you prefer.
- Step 7: Mix in cold water for about ten seconds or one minute.
- Step 8: Insert the plunger and press gently, pausing when you encounter resistance, until you reach the bottom of the chamber.
- Step 9: Remove the filter and the pressed coffee.
You May Also Be Interested In
Things To Know Before Buying Your Coffee Maker
As you have seen in my selection, there are coffee makers for all tastes and budgets. You can start with coffee makers from 10 € and up.
You have to weigh the importance of the quality of the coffee with the money you want to invest in the coffee maker.
Read on to determine the type of coffee maker you are most interested in, which one is best suited to your tastes, your usage, and the size of your van or motorhome.
With all this, you will be able to get an idea of the suitable coffee machine for you and the budget you will need to buy the coffee maker you want.
Try to find a balance between quality and price.
Size Of Your Van Or Motorhome
How much space do you have in your motorhome or camper van to dedicate to a coffee machine?
It is vital that you carefully analyze the space you have available for the coffee maker, where you will put it, and whether you have access to 220V or 12V power. Will you dedicate a fixed place to it, or will you use it and then store it?
I recommend making it as portable as possible so that you can store it quickly and it is not in the way.
Where Am I Going To Install My Coffee Maker?
Depending on the type of coffee maker you choose, it can be fixed or removable. It is best to install it near an outlet and a water point if you have space, otherwise on the table and then store it.
It is advisable to keep everything related to coffee in the same place. For example, the coffee maker, coffee beans, ground coffee or capsules, filters, and cups.
How Many People Will Use The Coffee Maker
A very important point is how much coffee you will prepare per day and for how many people.
The more people who drink coffee per day, the larger the water tank will have to be to prepare more coffee at the same time.
Also, if you are going to use it a lot, I recommend buying a better quality coffee maker to last longer. Ultimately, this is cheaper than changing the coffee maker every so often.
What Material Is It Made Of?
When you travel by van or motorhome, you have to pay attention to the equipment you buy. The same applies to the coffee maker. The better the materials, the longer they will last.
It is best to avoid glass and plastic and opt for stainless steel, which are much more resistant and durable.
Is It Worth The Investment?
Most coffee makers for vans and motorhomes are inexpensive or very reasonably priced.
Here what you have to consider is the number of times you will use the coffee maker in your travels. You’re not going to buy a top coffee maker if you’re going to use it twice a year, are you?
Is It Comfortable And Easy To Use?
The most important points to consider are comfort, ease of use, ease of cleaning, and storage space.
The main thing is that the experience of preparing coffee on the trip is pleasant and not a nuisance. If you have a coffee maker that you are too lazy to use, it is different from the coffee maker for you.
Capsules, Beans, Ground Coffee: Which One To Use?
This depends greatly on your preferences, the time you want to dedicate to preparing coffee, and if you have access to 220V electricity.
The advantage of capsules is that the coffee always comes out the same. All you have to do is buy the coffee you like the most.
Using coffee beans and a grinder to grind it to your liking is done by people who really appreciate good coffee and dedicate the corresponding time to prepare it.
There are different types of ground coffee. You just have to find the one you like the most.
The disadvantage I see with coffee beans or ground coffee is that you can waste more, especially when you are unfamiliar with the coffee maker.
Easy To Clean
Depending on the type of coffee maker you buy, it is best to read the manual for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
However, with a drip/filter coffee maker, you have to clean the coffee carafe, the filter and the place of the filter, and the place where the water reservoir goes.
Size and Portability
The size and portability of the coffee maker are essential factors to consider when choosing the best coffee maker for your campervan. You want a coffee maker that is compact and lightweight, so it doesn’t take up too much space in your campervan and is easy to transport.
Type of Coffee Maker
There are various types of coffee makers available in the market, including drip coffee makers, French press, and pour-over coffee makers. Each type has its unique features, advantages, and disadvantages.
Drip coffee makers are easy to use and convenient, while French press coffee makers produce rich and flavorful coffee. Pour-over coffee makers are also popular for their simplicity and ability to make a perfect cup of coffee.
The power source of the coffee maker is another essential factor to consider. Some coffee makers require electricity, while others can be operated using batteries or propane.
If you plan to camp in areas without electricity, you should consider a coffee maker that can be operated using batteries or propane.
The capacity of the coffee maker is also an important factor to consider. If you are traveling alone or with one other person, a small coffee maker with a capacity of 1-2 cups may be sufficient.
However, if you are traveling with a group of people, you may need a larger coffee maker with a capacity of 4-10 cups.
Lastly, you want to choose a coffee maker that is durable and can withstand the wear and tear of travel. Look for coffee makers made of high-quality materials that are designed to last.
It is impressive and overwhelming how many coffee makers there are. The variety of ways to make coffee, filter coffee, manual coffee, capsules, 12 V, 110/220V, and those that do not require electricity…
Now that you have a more general idea of the best coffee makers for camper vans, motorhomes, and campers. It is time to find the best coffee maker for your vehicle that suits your needs.
And with all the information I shared with you in this post, the search should be less overwhelming.
After reading this post carefully, you will know what to consider when choosing your next coffee machine for your motorhome.
You can enjoy a coffee in your little house on wheels as often as you want and completely to your liking. And much cheaper than going to Starbucks or coffee shops.
Do you already know which coffee maker you are going to choose? Leave us your comments to help other travelers or to answer your questions.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tips for traveling in camper van
- What to take in a van or motorhome
- Portable showers for camping or van
- Gifts for van lovers
- The Best Travel Fridges
Last Updated on 6 September, 2023 by Veronica